Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tis the season....

to be JOLLY. Fa la la la la, la la la la. In case you are wondering, I did just count my fa la la's to make sure that I had the right amount! Did you? :) I hope all is well with my blogging friends and readers. I feel like such a slacker. We have been super busy in the Aylor house...trying to stay sane, reminding each other to be JOLLY this season, and not forgetting the reason for the season. Why is the most peaceful and precious time of the year absolutely crazy?? We have even toned down the present buying and the party hopping, but it is still a little nuts-o and I feel a cold sore creeping in.

I LOVE Christmas. I love our tree. I love our stockings. I love all the baby Jesus' from our various nativity scenes that Nash carries around the house saying "Happy Jesus" to. I love this time of year. I love our little Elf, Freddie, who flies to the North Pole each night while we're asleep and reports to Santa. I love feety pajamas on my kids. Although it's a battle to get them on Nash as he shouts, "No wheaties mom-mom!" I just squish those little legs in there anyway and send him on his way. I love all the snowmen around the house that I have collected over the years. I love all the ornaments my kids have made...even though they are only 5 and 2 I feel like we have a lifetime's worth of homemade stuff! Man, I should post pictures of our house at Christmas for all to see, but seeing how I have been a blog slacker this month I doubt very seriously I snap shots of the house.

We have a fun night planned as we are in the final days before Christmas. Braxton reminded me a few days ago, "Mom, I haven't seen Santa yet and I need to tell him what I want!" So here we are on Christmas Eve Eve and are about to make a trip to talk to the big man in red. I do hope Braxton doesn't throw out some insane present that has yet to be purchased! After visiting Santa then it's off to the grocery store to buy food for our bare pantry and for Christmas dinner. I hope that my family is the ONLY ONE in the grocery store. I hope that everyone else has already purchased groceries for the holidays. Wishful thinking? When we get home the plan is to put together our gingerbread house and then make popcorn for movie night. Braxton received "Wall-E" as an early Christmas gift from my parents and we are eager to curl up on the couch and watch it together.

I have a little to do list before Christmas can get here, which includes cleaning my house, grocery shopping, wrapping presents, and finding ONE MORE GIFT!!! I'll tell you what I'm looking for and you can be on the look out when you are out. We are celebrating with Steve's family next week, so thankfully I have a little time to search. But here we go...I am looking for a black purse for Steve's Grandma Ruthie. A black purse? That's all, you ask?? Oh wait, there's more...here's the ad.

Wanted:
Black purse, ONE strap, ONE zipper, medium sized, and must be light-colored on the inside. Need to spend around $30. Have already looked at Target, Kohls, Dillards, Macy's, Wal-Mart, Payless, New York & Company, Shoe Carnival, and a few other specialty shops.


Let me know if you find anything! :)

I will leave you with a little picture of my sweet boys. We did not send out a Christmas card this year, but maybe I would have used this picture or one similar to it on the card if we would have....



Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Oh sweet Grandma Ruthie!!! Bless her heart! :) I'll be on the look out.

I so wish I would have gotten a Christmas card. Those precious boys would be front and center on our fridge!

Love you! You need to meet Cash! :)

Oh...I feel a cold sore, too. Uhhhh.....

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Hi! Merry Christmas! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Al's World said...

Merry Christmas Aylor's!

stephanie said...

Hope your Christmas was indeed Merry and blessed! Give grandma money for her purse. Shop online. That would be too much running around for me to find such a specific thing! mercy.