Sunday, April 12, 2009

The not so frequent blogger...that's me!

I have become a not so frequent blogger. Oh well. I started out all gung-ho and then life decided to take over my time. :)

My boys are growing like super weeds that won't stop. I keep saying to Nash, "Please be little forever". I know he won't. He still lets me snuggle and is such a momma's boy. He comes by that naturally! Braxton is Mr. Independent, Mr. Talk-Back, Mr. I'm-Going-To-Do-What-I-Want, and Mr. Please-Don't-Ask-Me-To-Help-You-Do-ANYTHING. He's only 5. I think I'm in trouble.

Braxton is playing tee-ball this semester. He's a lefty and his Daddy wants him to be a super star on the field....Ummmmm, we're trying to figure out if baseball is "his sport". Don't tell me "he's only 5". There are kiddos out there who already love the game and have a knack for it. Only time and lots of practice will tell! He's been begging us to play football, so we're going to try flag football in the fall. Oh dear me!

The BIG news is.....no, I'm not pregnant....I am going back to full time teaching in the fall. Holy Moly! I haven't landed a job yet, but I have had a few good interviews and have made some good contacts within the district. I will keep you posted!

So needless to say, we've been busy. Tee-ball, job hunting, school, church, and the rest of our daily happenings have kept us on our toes.

Blogs are more fun to look and read when pictures are included, so I'll leave ya with some pictures....

Our BIG boys on Easter morning. Look at 'em!! Just look how big they are....


The joys of being in the student ministry....a yard full of marshmallow Peeps.


A picture of us....just in case you forgot what we all look like.


And drum roll please.....I am counting down the days until I am here.

Steve and I leave in a week for METRO, a conference for youth ministers and their wives. It just so happens to take place at the beach. Whoo-hoo! :) Thank you to whoever chose this wonderful location for us to meet! This conference couldn't come at a better time.

Welcome back me! I can't promise frequent blogging, but if something great happens I'll try to be better about letting the world know. :)

Happy Easter friends and family! "The tomb is empty so you don't have to be." Thank Jesus for being ALIVE.

7 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

Braxton is 5?? Holy cow! Loved the family picture! Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

I love the family photo...Beautiful!
The Peeps are so funny. SO glad that you posted!

Amy said...

Welcome back! Im so glad that you have blogged with pictures...the boys are so cute and big. I would have started worrying about you if I did not get your email. Hope to see you guys soon.

Rebekah said...

You look BEAUTIFUL in your family pic. Have fun on your vacation.

Ashley McWhorter said...

Love, love, love the pictures. Have fun in Florida! Take lots of pics to show us! Love you!

Jennifer said...

I'm excited that you are going back to teaching! I hope you get in a school and a grade that you love! Also, what is METRO for student ministers and their wives and how come Chad and his wife have not heard of it?! Looks like my kind of conference! I just told Chad that I REALLY think we should attend!

Rachel Cobb said...

your boys are so darling, and so big! I've missed your updates, but can relate with the busy-ness! Our kids are growing so fast, too! Keep us updated on the job situation, I'll be praying!