Monday, October 22, 2007

Come Home Please....

Once again I have been a single mom for the past 6 days. I have not enjoyed it. I have no desire to ever be a single mom, BUT I must admit I've got the juggling down. Steve returns from England tomorrow. Yay! We were counting down the days, now we have moved on to counting down the hours. Daddy is always missed when he is gone, but especially this week. Here's why.....

Tuesday - Nash wakes up at midnight vomiting.
Wednesday - Nash feels better, so we run a few errands. He eats well and "acts" normal.
Thursday - Because Nash feels better we all go to school.....
Thursday Night - Nash had 2 cases of diarrhea, and vomits all over the front porch as I was talking to our neighbor. She kindly let Braxton play with her daughter for a while so I could clean up. Guess we shouldn't have gone to school.
Friday - My sweet friend Ashley and her 2 girls drove up from The Woodlands to see us. (Yes, I did warn her about the puke. But because Braxton was showing zero symptoms we thought it was okay.)
Friday Night - Braxton wakes me up "Mommy, my tummy hurts." Braxton vomits at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 and so on until about 7:00 in the morning. Add a few cases of the big "D" in there as well.
Saturday - Ashley and girls head back home. We were all so sad their trip was cut short due to puke. Another friend, also named Ashlee (different spelling) came over and brought me lunch and a fun magazine b/c I was stuck in the house with sick kids.
Sunday - Nash had diarrhea again after I fed him yogurt....shouldn't have gave him yogurt. Today I also realized that Nash's birthday is in 2 weeks and I have done NOTHING to prepare. This is soooo not like me and I have hit panic mode. Steve's birthday is Wednesday, but he's in England while my house is being invaded by puke so he gets nothing.
Monday - I am washing sheets, disinfecting, getting ready for school tomorrow, making birthday invitations, and folding the huge mound of laundry on the sofa.

Do I like being single with 2 sick ones? Absolutely not! Other than dealing with sick children, Braxton was sent to time out way too many times, Nash was left to cry for a little bit long, and I think once again I only took 2 showers while my husband was away. Come home please....

9 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Did you get Nash's pictures made for the invites? We had a blast while we were there. Love you!!!

Lindsay said...

Why did Steve get to go to England without you??? Sorry both boys got sick when he was gone, I hope you avoid getting it.

stephanie said...

bless your heart. sick is always bad, but sick, single and vomit-sick top the list of all time bad.

do you have any of that biotic blast? works like a charm with those viral deals. i mean it really helps.

wish i could've helped!

don't put too much pressure on yourself about the birthday. he won't remember a thing. just stage a good photo and that will be his memory!

Carly O'Quinn said...

You poor thing!

I hate being left for a day as a single mom. 6 days would truly send me over the edge. Throw in some throw-up and you've got yourself a good reason to laugh or cry a lot.

I'm glad Steve is on his way home and I hope he lets you go and just be quiet somewhere by yourself.

I second Stephanie about the birthday thing. Isn't it really more about you and less about him at this age? Don't you deserve to let yourself off the stress-hook and just spend a great day with him and get an amazing picture of him with a birthday cake? :o)

Hope your week only gets better!

Lorren Says... said...

I'm sorry the boys were sick, Kathryn! What an attack on you while your hubby is out of town. I hope they are feeling better.

Lindsay said...

I have to know what that Biotic Blast is that Stephanie metioned...is it some magic potion that we all need to know about???

Kathryn said...

Biotic Blast is made by Advocare....vitamin supplements. They have a kid line that supposed to be great! No, Steph. I haven't tried it yet. I will def. order some when the funds roll in again...:) I have a list of things I want to get. Linsday, go to their website and check out all their stuff. If you're interested then Steph. could surely order you some. I used to have a username and password, but I let it expire. My sister orders it for me now. :)

Al's World said...

So sorry about all you have been going through! Hang in there, and know that even when you are feel alone, you really aren't!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

completely understand-i am a single mom monday-wednesday because greg works long hours. hope everyone is feeling better