Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dear Sonic


To whom it may concern,

I have recently been to three separate establishments within the past two weeks. I am writing to let you know that I have had the same conversation with three different employees at these three separate establishments. The conversation is as follows:

"Welcome to Sonic! May I take your order?"
"Yes! Can I get two kiddie size chocolate milk shakes?"
"Ummmmmm, we can't do that."
"Okay. Can I have one regular size chocolate milk shake with an extra kiddie size cup, lid, and straw so I can divide it up for my children?"
"Of course. We CAN do that!"

One Sonic employee even went the extra mile and divided it up for me, saving me the mess on the console of my car. My question is this, why don't you offer kiddie size milk shakes? When I order a Wacky Pack you give me the option of a kiddie size drink, slushy, milk, or juice. But then when I try to order a kiddie size milk shake you will not let me. You might want to change that. I think it would go over well with your customers that have small children.

Sincerely,
Kathryn

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Hmmm...never knew they didn't offer them in kiddie sizes.
Now you have me craving a milkshake- thanks a lot Kathryn!! :0)

Ashley McWhorter said...

I hear ya!!!! I order juice sometimes (wanting to put it in sippy cups), and it ONLY comes in one size. Weird! Glad you are back! Love you!

Lorren Says... said...

I agree! My kids don't need a huge mama jama milk shake.

Rachel Cobb said...

Did you send that to Sonic? you should. Maybe they'll give your some coupons for some free stuff, since your idea will be a hit!

Lorren Says... said...

Could you please add a post script asking them to stop making their Dr. Pepper's so good? It's messing up my desire to lose weight. Thanks.

Al's World said...

Very true! Couldn't they just put the shakes in a Wackie Pack cup? Very interesting...glad you are back, but your break was inspiring!