Monday, October 13, 2008

My baby is FIVE

When I turned 30, I did NOT feel old. When I turned 31, I did NOT feel old. 32? Nope, still didn't feel old. My baby turning FIVE...yeah, that'll do it. I suddenly feel old. Braxton celebrated his 5th birthday yesterday. We had such a great day! He wanted to bowl for his birthday party and wanted a homemade cake so he could "lick the bowl". Who doesn't love to lick the bowl? I had fun making his birthday cake this year and felt a burst of pride when Braxton said, "Awesome Mommy! I knew you could do it!" He had a blast bowling with his friends and then playing video games after eating pizza and cake. He has developed quite a competitive spirit with a hint of perfectionism...becoming very frustrated when he would only hit 1-2 pins down at a time. He definitely comes by that honestly! He had a perfect birthday and couldn't have had more fun turning FIVE!!



10 comments:

Jodi said...

Such a cute cake! I love it! Hope Braxton had a great birthday! ;)

Ashley McWhorter said...

You did AWESOME, Kathryn! I knew it would turn out precious when you were describing it to me. I think you should go into business. :)

I wish we could have made it to the party. But, I am glad Lily got to talk to him on the phone, and I got to talk to you. :) Love you! Happy birthday, B. We love you!!!!!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Happy Birthday to Braxton! You are such a great MOM! And you aren't old. ;)

Rachel Cobb said...

You did do AWESOME! THe cakes look great! Looks like you started a new tradition;) Looks like everything was so much fun! Happy Birthday B!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

The cake looks great!!! Oh man I feel old too-I can't believe he is already five!!!Happy Birthday B!

Amy said...

5 years went by super fast. Happy Birthday Braxton. Kathryn, your cake was GREAT. Very impressed.

Lacey said...

Yep, I am feeling old also with an almost five year old. DIdn't we just find out we were pregnant?? Weren't we just comparing symptoms and then bellies?? Didn't I just come to see him in the hospital and cry my eyes out scared to death that I was giving birth for the first time next? Weren't we just having playdates with our 4 week olds?? My how time flies...Hope BA had an awesome birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe it's already time for 5th birthdays. Where did the time go? I can't believe kindergarten is on the horizon!! Your cakes were awesome! I'm glad Braxton had a great birthday!

Laura said...

Happy B-day Braxton!!

Awesome cake Kathryn!! Is that fondant?? How cute is that?!

stephanie said...

I have been sort of out of the blogging world lately in that I cannot afford myself the time to browse. I do get updates in my email inbox, so I read your blog still, but just don't pop over to comment as much!! Happy Happy Belated Birthday Braxton!!!! Great looking cake, Mom.