Garage sale!!!! I spent most of the day sorting clothes, cleaning out toys, and hunting down items to sell. As strange as it sounds, this will be my first garage sale EVER!!! I sat along side my mom many years ago as folks rummaged through our stuff, but have never had the wonderful event in my own driveway. Surely my "junk" can become another's treasure.
As I gathered up toys and put them in a plastic tub, Braxton would quickly put it right back in the playroom and say, "But I looooooooove this Mommy." And then he would continue in saying, "Let's find something of Nash's to sell." :) It was such a busy day cleaning out and trying to depart with items we haven't used in months or even years.
I even ventured out into the garage to open boxes not yet unpacked from our move over a year ago. I got a bit sidetracked as I looked through boxes of stuff out there. I came across some items from college that I hadn't seen in years. I stood there for what seemed like forever looking through pictures and reading cards and letters to and from my college sweetheart...yes, I'm talking about Steve. I came across some great pictures of old friends, some that I still keep in touch with and some that I had forgotten about. I realized a few things as I was looking at those pictures.....
1. I had great hair in college. My roommate's mom was a beautician and hooked me up with highlights, haircuts, and top of the line products. You NEVER saw my roots in college!!! Man, I sure miss Linda...
2. I don't think I owned a belt in college. Almost every picture I found I was wearing my roommate, Julie's belt. She had this one cool brown belt with holes all in it. I think it was from J.Crew. Our other roommate Jodi had one too, so I could always count on one of them being available to wear! :) Thanks girls for dressing me so well!!!!
3. I loved intramural flag football!! We had a BLAST playing! Our team was the bomb! We were all great friends, had great coaches (one being my boyfriend, Steve), a cool name, and we were actually pretty darn good. Our freshman year our team name was "Real Women Play Ugly". Sophomore year - "Uglier". Junior year - "Still Ugly" (maybe this year was "Ugliest". Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) And our Senior year - "Forever Ugly". We even went to regional playoffs our senior year. (I ruptured tendons in my ring finger at that game and couldn't wear my engagement ring until months after my surgery.)
4. I would never relive high school days, but I would most definitely travel back in time and do college again. I loved my roommates, my friends, the atmosphere, the freedom, even the classes. There are so many people that impacted my life those 4 years at OBU. It was so fun to see pictures and take a stroll down memory lane.
Oh, and the garage sale is next weekend. So I have one more week to hunt down items and put all my little stickers on. I will let you know how my first sale goes and if I will do it again in the future.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Just remember to save anything 'unisex' that you could pass along!! Hehe! Have great fun! And I also would love to relive college.
hope you make some fun money to contribute to santa's cause!
I remember going to a few of those football games! Hope you make lots of money at the garage sale! It always feels so good cleaning out the stuff you accumulate through the years.
Noelle loves her "guys" from your garage sale. We didn't get painting done so we'll be doing it this weekend. And by we I mean Scott. Let me know if you need help making signs. We like doing crafts. :)
Kathryn... Weren't we called "At least we are cute" our freshman year and then started ugly our Sophmore year.. and had ugly,uglier, and ugliest??? Isn't it fun to look in boxes of old things. :)
Miss you!
Julie Schindler
Oh Julie, I can always count on you to remember the details! That sounds right. Maybe after we graduated the girls carried on the name with "Still Ugly" and so on? :) So when are you going to start your blog???
I teared up reading your thoughts about college. I don't think I owned a belt either, I just borrowed that cool one of Jodi's too. :) love you! Were we really called "at least we're cute." no way. I can't remember that. maybe I didn't play on that one. Did I, Squirrel?
Nicole, I don't remember if you did... it was my crazy roommate Megan, and Krissy (wasn't that her name...the blondethat was older and did the basketball stats), Kathryn, Me,... and I can't remember...but we lost every game! I think Ugly started Sophmore year b/c I can't remember us ever playing without Jessica. Gee Whiz.. I never thought I would be so forgetful!!! Can I blame it on this baby that is kicking me like crazy?
Jule Schindler
Post a Comment