Sunday, April 13, 2008

Conquered

Love conquers all. But not today. Today, 2 little boys conquer mommy.

I am defeated this morning. We should be pulling into the church parking lot and I should be saying, "Okay, let's use our fast feet so we won't be late!" But I'm not saying that this morning. Today I have said "Go to time out!" (4 times before 9:00 a.m.), "What is wrong with you?" (A jillion times to Nash b/c he would not let me put him down.), "Eat your breakfast." (10 times to both boys....of which only the big one put anything in his mouth.), and "Stop that!!" (I can't even count how many times to Braxton for various reasons.)

My kids should be in their prospective classrooms and I should be nestled next to my husband for the next hour lost in praise and worship and listening to our pastor give a word for today. Nope. We are home. I am not dressed for church. I have no make-up on. I haven't even brushed my teeth. I have taken everybody's temperature, no fevers. I gave Motrin and teething tablets to Nash just in case. After a jillion back arching-don't put me down-don't put that bite in my mouth-give me my paci-whopping FITS, Nash is asleep. I gave up on trying to get us all ready for church, rocked my baby for 25 minutes until he dozed off, plopped Braxton in front of Noggin, and decided to check on the blogging world.

My kids won. I am conquered. It is only 10:45 a.m. The day is just beginning. It can only get better. And it WILL!!!

7 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

Is that the "Rocky" theme I hear in the background? We got all ready for church this morning and pulled up only to realize we were 45 minutes early (or 15 minutes late, however you want to look at it). We came home and played a game. Some days are like that!

stephanie said...

Yep, sounds familiar! It happens to us all. There's always next week!!!

Gram said...

oh, kathryn, hang in there! we brought ellaiden back from austin with us to give chris and jenny a 'break' from two! if she wasn't still nursing, i'm SURE we would have brought both of them back. it isn't easy but it WILL get better. and there will always be days like that.....mama said.....doo dah......love you! will try and come visit at the CDC this week! jan

Rebekah said...

I hear you sister. There are those days that we plop those kids in front of the TV for a mommy time out--regardless of it being a church day. Hope you got some relief.

Lacey said...

Oh Kathryn, don't you love those days? I had that day last Wednesday. Frank was out of town and I called him asking when he was going to be home because I wasn't sure how much more I could take. I also asked him to talk with the kids about respecting mommy and obeying. Oh, somedays are just more difficult than others. Hope your day got better!!

Al's World said...

Been there, done that...will definately do it again...unfortunately!!

pink is the new black said...

hang in there girlie...the good news is, WE'RE ALL NODDING WITH YOU!!! We've all been there...given the sucker to get them to do something, let them sit in front of Noggin too long and "been deaf" to the crying...you go girl...