Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bloggin' in Bullets

I have several things swirling around in my brain and none of them mesh into a great story. Therefore, I have opted to blog in bullets:

*Steve and I had an UH-MAY-ZING time in Destin at Metro 2008. It was such a blessing to meet so many great ladies that are "in the same boat" as me. What an encouragement they were, a reminder of why we do what we do, and a sounding board. Steve and I are refreshed and ready to rock and roll. We are also counting down the days until next year's conference!

*Mimi (Steve's mom) took care of the boys while we were away. She arrived on Friday with her suitcase in hand and a box of Twinkies. Thank you Mimi for braving a week with our kiddos, loving on them, and keeping them safe. AND thank you for introducing the boys to the snack cake with a self life of 2 years. They enjoyed every minute you were here and I only heard twice today, "Well, Mimi did it this way." :) We love you Mimi!

*I am tan and I love it. Tan fat IS better than white fat.

*My kids grew while I was gone. I am sad that they grew.

*I read 3 novels while we were on our trip. Not just little books. 500 pagers. I love to read and do not get the chance to while I am at home raising kids, doing chores, tending to my man, plowing the field, oh wait, what decade am I in? Seriously though, I love to read.

*My book recommendation is "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. Wow! I cannot give the book justice by giving you a summary. Please read it. You WILL be changed. If the book doesn't stir up something, make you feel, cause you to think, or get you choked up call me and we'll talk. Even if you are not a reader, just get through chapter one and you won't want to put it down. What an amazing story of forgiveness and unconditional love! This won't be the last time you hear me talk about this book.

*I'm taking a break from cyberspace. My reasons are many and you'll hear them someday. But for now, time away from the world wide web is needed.

*It's so good to be home. I love my husband. I love my kids. I love the four of us together.

7 comments:

Marlers said...

Lovin' this blog!! I would LOVE to see an "i post" from you!! I am going to change my post to say at the bottom that I want to see everyones else's also!! It's fun! I could probably do one everyday and it would be different everytime. Missing you! When are yall coming to Houston???

Ashley McWhorter said...

I love you and our VERY long talks!!! Come see me!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My dear kids,
I enjoyed every minute of caring for my grandchildren, and so miss them already!
Thanks for the book, THE SHACK. I cannot put it down! I am not finished with it, but will be really soon. EVERYONE GET ONE!
Joyce
MIMI

Lacey said...

I'll have to check out the book. So time away means no blogging?? we'll miss hearing your stories!!

Sarah said...

I found your blog! Now I can keep up with y'all. =) Sounds like things are going well with you guys. I heard from someone that you are in the Dallas area...maybe?

Sarah (Golley) Seefeldt

Lindsay said...

I'll miss you while you are gone!

Al's World said...

I LOVE that book!!!! It is amazing! I am glad you had time away, a great trip is all about relaxing, spending time with our hunnies and reading! Take care! BTW--YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!