Thursday, April 10, 2008

Motivation

There are two things that motivate me to want to lose weight and I experienced both of them this week...

#1 Seeing myself in pictures. Blah. Pictures don't lie. I've known since Nash's birth SEVENTEEN MONTHS ago that I needed to eat better and work out more. Seeing a recent picture brings it all home.

#2 Going to Target in attempt to find a cute spring shirt. Looked around, but didn't try on a thing. Everything is teeny tiny, form fitting, sleeveless, and made of clingy cotton material that shows all rolls, nooks, and crannies.

Why do I care? I don't know. I just do.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

I hear ya sister! I hate pictures and I can't find clothes. I did however just buy some cute big baggy shirts from Target. You know they kind of make me still look pregnant, but I can't wear the stuff that doesn't balloon out. I have been doing weight watchers. It is really easy to follow! Anyway, I know how you feel although last time I saw you, you looked GREAT!!

Lindsay said...

Have you ever tried sparkpeople.com? I've been doing it for a few weeks and I love it. It has a ton of different tools, but my favorite is the nutrition tracker. You can add in the food you've eaten for each meal and it adds up the calories for you. It's really helped me watch what I eat and it is sure fun to keep track of it, but I like that kind of thing. I also found a buddy to keep me accountable and we work out together. Watching your weight is so annoying. It's especially annoying this time of year with all the cute clothes and swim suit season creeping up. It also helps me a ton when I'm praying about it and begging the Lord to give me the motivation and self control. I feel your pain!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Just bought about six of those baggy/adorable shirts at Target, as well. This early-pregnant-chubby stage is already creeping its ugly way in. Oh the joys! Love you!!

pink is the new black said...

I feel your pain girlie...hang in there...you aren't alone!

Nicole said...

I hear you, girl. Julia is already 3 months old and I still feel like I'm the same size I was 2 months ago. Totally know how you feel. I am doing weight watchers on line now and have really liked it b/c it gives me a guide and some accountability when I have to write what I eat and if I exercise at the end of the day. I like what Lindsay said about prayin for motivation and selfcontrol...not really doing that now but needed that reminder!

Lorren Says... said...

Love your honesty, Kathryn. I think we all deal with lack of motivation. You can do it! :)

stephanie said...

I'm fatter than you, so hush. Just kidding. Instead, I say "amen".
I am wearing the A line types that I am sure people are like, is she pregnant? no she's not.

Lacey said...

I got on Lindsays sparkpeople site, pretty neat! Also, I wanted to tell you i've been cooking from the Biggest Loser cookbook this week and the food is fabulous!