a little like homemade chocolate almond joy balls while on a diet. My nice neighbor brought over a sweet box of homemade-ness this evening. The box of yummies sat on our island for a whole hour while my stomach churned with longing and my mouth watered. I looked at them several times, smelled them, walked away, came back, walked away again, told myself "no", and plopped on the couch. As I sat on the couch just feet away from them, I finally said to Steve, "Okay, bring me one of those chocolate balls." He was very supportive and said, "No, I don't want to see you cave."
Just one.....
You see, I have started a new diet and have been doing great for 4 whole days. I knew in my heart of hearts that I shouldn't eat one. It didn't go with "the plan". But I wanted one SO BAD!!!! So, I ate. It started with one....just a little dabbling, and it was so darn good. But I didn't stop with just one. I ate FIVE.
A lofty comparison I know, but think about it.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so funny! You crack me up! All I've got to say is I hear you sister!!
Don't you have a free day? :)
You gotta have a cheat day. I wouldn't survive on any diet without one. Weight watcheres actually recommends one. So I give my self 24 hours on the weekend to eat whatever I want and I make it count. I go BIG!! Anyway, no one in thier right mind would have passed those up and no one would have just had ONE. Don't be so hard on yourself!!
Great analogy!
Post a Comment