Thursday, June 5, 2008

School's out, School's out....


teacher let the....oh wait, the next part of that catchy jingle isn't all that nice. As an educator and mom, I probably shouldn't continue with the words. But you now have the tune ringing in your head, right? Good luck getting rid of it. I've been trying for several days!

We are so excited that SUMMER is here! One of Jack Johnson's songs (that has nothing to do with summer) says, "When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do we really need to pay attention to the alarm? Wake up slow. Wake up slow." And that's exactly what the Aylor clan is going to be doing for the majority of the summer....wakin' up slow. I love it! We have a few things scheduled here and there, but we will definitely be taking full advantage of having nowhere to go!!

Our sweet Nash is welcoming summer with a nice case of strep throat. Helloooo Summer! It's so wonderful to enjoy the first few days of you!! Looks like our little one is following in his big brother's footsteps with the throat issues. Tonsils out someday? Ugh.

We have a busy summer ahead. Here's the low-down:
*Beach Camp (with the student ministry)
*My birthday
*Our 10 year wedding anniversary
*Braxton's Music Camp at our church (with Miss Pattycake! YAY!)
*Play dates with friends
*Lazy days in the backyard with the slip-n-slide
*Trips to the awesome pool in our neighborhood
*Journey to Arkansas to see my family (while Steve is in England)
*Journey to Houston to see family and friends...yay friends!
*Cleaning out the garage...blah
*Making our backyard look nice so we can enjoy it more
*And lots of "wake up slow days"

As I think about myself going to the pool, I have kick-started a new diet this week. I should have gotten by tail in gear about a month ago (or longer for that part), but nope. I'll let you know how it's going in about a week or so. All I can say is that right now I'm hungry and I have a headache. But I am practicing good willpower this time! I keep looking at my clothes in my closet with dust on them because they don't fit.....soon little pieces of fabric, I will wear you again!

Enjoy your first days of summer!!! Fall and back to school days will be here before we want them to be!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey family,

Rex and I are having our 'housewarming' July 26th. If you guys are in town (I know it's Amy's b-day). We'd love to have you over. Not sure about the time yet but you'll get an invite. Wanted to get it on your schedule now since you guys are soooo busy!

Amy said...

Would love to see you guys this summer. I think a road trip needs to be planned!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Yea, friends!!!!! :)

Marlers said...

Yea!!!! We would love to see you and the boys!! Please let us know so we can hang out with you!!! Miss you!

Lacey said...

I've been singing that song too!! I love your posts. Sounds like you have a nice summer planned. I can't wait to see you when you come in town!! And I'm on a new diet too...the biggest looser- I love it. I feel like I'm constantly eating. It's just hard taking away my carbs...but I'm trying not to think about it. :0)

stephanie said...

here's to wake up slow days!!!

let me know when you are here so y'all can come for a swim or whatever!

we want to party with the aylors!