Sunday, January 25, 2009

An Aylor Reenactment

Characters: An average mom with not so average kids - Braxton (5 years old) and Nash (2 years old)

Scene: Nash is sitting quietly on the floor playing the ever so annoyingly loud duck game...incomes Braxton.

SMASH! POUND! BONK!

Game is now messed up. Nash is unhappy. Braxton has a pleasant smirk on his face.

Dialogue begins:
Mommy: "Braxton, that wasn't nice. Go to time out and I will talk to you in a minute."
Braxton: "MOM!!!! Why didn't you tell me not to do that before I did it?? You ARE SUPPOSED to tell me when I'm about to do something wrong!!!"
Braxton exits the room, angry with his mom for not making him aware of his wrong behavior BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

As Mommy helps Nash get his game back together, Braxton can be heard from his time out spot.
Braxton (yelling): "MOM!!!! Why didn't you tell me not to do that? Next time, just tell me before I do it."

End Scene.

(Add "Conscience" to mom's job description.)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so glad you document some of Braxton's saying..he is a riot. I still stand by the fact you should write a book on things kids say. :) Hope you have a good week!!

Al's World said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How funny is that, he is a smart kid Miss Kathryn! I love all your stories and they way you tell it is so awesome, hope all is going well for you and your precious family!

Lorren Says... said...

That is too much!! How funny!

stephanie said...

love it!!! and the postcard one. he's a rascal. what fun. seems strangely familiar...look out!!

Rebekah said...

oh.my.goodness. I think I love that Braxton. He and I would go round and round but I would love every minute of it!