Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Don't Blink

I love awards shows....even if I'm not a fan of the genre' I still love watching all the action. I love seeing the dresses, hearing the music, and finding out who won what. Tonight I watched the CMA's and was reminded how much I enjoy country music. I love how each song tells a story and you can actually understand what the artist is singing. I haven't really gotten to just sit and listen to "grown-up" music in such a long time. In the car we have a "Between the Lions" cd and a "Puff the Magic Dragon" cd that we alternate. I enjoyed just sitting on the couch tonight and listening to the music and the stories being told. One song that completely touched my heart was "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney. Made me think of my kids, my husband, my life. As the song says..."it goes by faster than you think." Here's the chorus and a video link. (I don't know how to upload a youtube video, so just click on the link. If I figure it out soon, I'll change it for you.) Grab a kleenex and give it a listen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g

Chorus:
Don't Blink
Just like that you're six years old and you're taking naps and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your better half
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink

3 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Ahhhh...we just sat here and watched it too. I wish we could have done it together. Miss you!!!! :)

Star Molegraaf said...

I love country music and love that song too!!

Lacey said...

I am typically not a Country western music fan but I absolutely LOVE that song. I've been singing it all week.