Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Where did my baby go?


Where did my baby go? That is the question of the day. I look at my sweet four year old and see chubby cheeks, curly hair, and little baby teeth, but then he opens his mouth and here's what I hear...

"This is so boring mom."
"I don't care about your stuff."
"Seriously mom, we need to buy that."

Whoaaaa....slow down big guy! YOU ARE FOUR!!! Where did he learn the meaning of boring, not to care about things, and how to use the word 'seriously' correctly? I felt as if I was living with a teenager today, not a preschooler. I have often been told by mothers a bit older and wiser than myself to enjoy every minute, that it goes by too fast, and that there will come a day I will long for the all the ruckus in the house.

Today was one of those days where I wished time would stand still and my little boy would revert back to being 3 1/2...before he learned words like boring, seriously, and not to care. Today I thought about how my first born is growing up too fast, but then I was quickly reminded that he STILL my baby because I also heard these things this afternoon...

"Mom, I'm hungee. What's for lunch?"
"Mom, will you come wipe me when I poop?"
"AAGGGHH!!! My head is stuck, help mom!!!!" (Head stuck in shirt)

3 comments:

stephanie said...

he's a student pastor's kid. trust me, they pick up on those kids fast. doesn't make it any easier to hear though. what are we going to do?

coleman is not even a student pastor's kid, but he's the third boy with older brothers, and at the tender age of two exclaimed to me today very sarcastically and put out like,"ohmygosh, mom"~ lovely.

Lorren Says... said...

"I don't care about your stuff." Hilarious!

Rick said...

They grow up too quickly. I have just 1 1/2 more years before my last one goes off to college. Enjoy them while you can.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/