The boys and I went to our local Wal-Mart Supercenter to pick up a few things today. My "few things" turned into one hefty load. Does anyone strictly stick to "the list"? :) Nash was in the front part of the buggy. (And yes, I still use the shopping cart cover with baby #2. Those things are so dirty and if I didn't mention it before I am a bit of a germ freak...but that's a whole other entry.) Braxton was nestled into the back part of the buggy for as long I could keep him. My cart started getting full and I had to let my son out of his confined space to make room for all the stuff. Vroooom!!!! There he goes. "Mom, I'm a superhero!" My boy was flying ahead of me at rapid speed with arms stretched out in front as I'm yelling, "Watch out! Slow down! Come back here!" He flew through the store for the remainder of our visit tossing things into the cart that he thought we might need. (We kept the superhero cookies that he found!) I got a few looks from passer-byers and even someone said, "Wow, you've got your hands full!"
On a 'separate' note.....pun intended, read on...I realized something about myself and my shopping cart today. I do not just toss items into my cart, they are placed according to their category. I like to keep things separated. In one corner of my cart I have all the baby items, in the other the cold stuff, and in the back all the dry goods. The fruits and veges stay together in the cart as well as the cheeses and meats. Items that belong in the bathroom sit cozily next to each other. And cleaning supplies must always stay away from the rest. When it's time to unload my cart onto the conveyor belt I continue to keep things separated. I do this so my checker-outer lady can bag them quickly while keeping them together. When I get them home my items should all be in the right bag and easy to put away. Well, not this time. I was frustrated with my checker-outer lady today. My baby food was mixed in with my bread, the turkey bacon was mixed with cans of soup, and she put my cheese right on top of my nice, hot, ready to eat rotisserie chicken. What????? Did I want my cheese to be melted when I got home? I don't think so.
So all you checkers out there, please be sure to keep things separated for those of us shoppers that are a little obessive compulsive. :)
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I start every grocery trip with the intention of keeping my cart organized. Mostly so I can maximize the space but you have taken this to a whole new level for me. Ultimately, though, I get to the frozen section and thing are flying in to my cart just so I can get the heck out of the store without loosing it.
What am I going to do with 3 kids!?! We didn't think this through! Ahhh!
i have been known (back in the day when my big boys were little) to push a stroller with one boy and pull a cart with the other. gives space between boys and provides confinement for all. and i too use the comfy, clean cart coverup even for the third child. i was not a germ a phobe till i married one. but i have been converted. now as far as organizing the cart.....well, i do try to organize it as i put it on the belt. i have found that kroger checker outers are more well trained on how to please the customer with their bagging process. at walmart, you are lucky to make it to the car with all your bags.
I am the same way--keeping everything in their own little categories. Doesn't always work out, but I love it when it does. It makes it so much easier to put stuff up at home!
Post a Comment