Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Pretend Man

Braxton, "Mommy, is that a pretend man over there?"
Me, "Where?"
Braxton, "On that chair." (I look over at a bench and see a very large man....400-450 lbs maybe?)
Me, "No sweetie, he's not pretend."

I grabbed Braxton's hand to help him walk quickly out the door. Once outside the store the conversation continued.....

Braxton, "Are you sure he's not pretend? I thought he was pretend."
Me, "He's not pretend Braxton, he's a real man."
Braxton, "Ohhhhh, I thought he was one of those blow-up mans sitting on a chair."

8 comments:

Star Molegraaf said...

Kylie and I are laughing out loud! Too funny.

Al's World said...

out of the mouth of babes!

Meredith said...

Okay, seeeeee, I am NOT wishing for a little weenie!! I wish I could be a day in the life of Kathryn!! What fun!

Stacie said...

i just wrote the longest comment EVER and it was rejected (probably BECAUSE it was the longest comment ever!) no way am i going to go back and try to rewrite all that i said the first itme around...but really i just wanted to say hi and that i think you and i are kindred spirits!! i too am INSANELY germaphobic and over-the-top OCD when it comes to grocery shopping, especially how the items are bagged!! too funny!!

Nicole said...

okay, that is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. hilarious! you better be saving these stories for him to read later.

Julie said...

HaH!!!!!!!!! That is so funny. Bennett asked me a couple of days ago..."mom, what happens when you get fat??" I was like...what do you mean? He said..."um...when you get fat, do you blow up?"

stephanie said...

that's awesome!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

laughing out loud right now!