Well, it's the time of year where I get in my typical party planning mode. I LOVE details when it comes to parties. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! Braxton will be 4 in October and Nash will be 1 in November. Usually I would have everything bought and invitations made by now for Braxton's party. I am a little behind according to "my schedule" and starting to feel the party pressure. Braxton wants a dinosaur party this year. There are so many great ideas I have found online. He also wants a bounce party....so most likely we will have a dinosaur bounce party (again). I like having parties away from our house...I don't have to spend a lot of time getting the house ready for company and it's easy to clean up! Unlike previous birthdays, Braxton is giving a LOT of input this year. Below are a few comments he has made as he is contributing to the planning.
"Mom, will you make a dinosaur cake....with spikes? No, you don't know how to make spikes. How 'bout cupcakes with dinosaurs?" (I have spent way too much money in the past on cakes. I think I will make those cupcakes this year!)
"Okay, here are my invitations....I want a dinosaur card with a button that you push and it goes 'roar'!" (Hands in claw motion and face all frowny as he's saying 'roar'...He's a 'big idea's guy' just like his daddy.)
"We will need a lot of invitations because there are going to be so many people at my party!"
"I changed my mind....I do want a dinosaur cake. One that is shaped like a dinosaur." (Okay, maybe I will be buying that cake after all!)
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Will you plan my parties?? I love my boys as you know, but I hate hate hate party details. It makes me crazy. I wish I loved it. As I am sure do the boys. Last two years, we just go on vacation during birthday season and so....no party, just a nice dinner out with family. Deprived kids.
Yes, I will plan for you!!! Just give me a theme and I'll get busy. :)
Kathryn
you are so good--i don't think you are behind at all!!!
If Gavin could EVER decide on one theme, we'd start planning. It changes as much as his Halloween costume. Buzz Lightyear, to Shrek, to spiderman, to curious george, to Larry Boy. We are now on Larry Boy but it's destined to change any minute now because he's almost been excited about that theme for 24 hours. lol. Anyway, have fun with the dino party!!
Post a Comment