I have been thinking a lot today about my relationship with my husband. So here are my thoughts.....
Steve is my best friend, my love, the father of my children, the one who makes me laugh, and who keeps me grounded. He loves me and our boys....I am thankful that has never been a question in our family. After God, he puts us first. He does little acts of kindness that I sometimes take for granted. He cleans the kitchen without being asked and he ALWAYS wipes down the highchair (something I always neglect to do when in a hurry). He would rather spend the morning snuggling with the boys and I in our little queen bed than get up and mow the lawn, so that's just what he does. There will be many days in the future when the boys don't join us in bed at 7:00 in the morning....he will mow on those days. He works hard (too hard). He puts in a full day at the office and stays up way too late working on various projects and events, AND still makes time for the boys and me. I am proud to be his wife.
In some ways we are the same, but in many ways we are different. We are both stubborn. We both love to laugh. We both have opinions and yes, we share them often! We make decisions TOGETHER and we are a team. Steve is a dreamer. I am a realist. Steve is spontaneous. I am a planner. Steve doesn't care what restaurant we eat at....ever! I like to choose. He doesn't worry about the little things. I sweat the teeny-tiny stuff! We are not perfect. We drive each other crazy at times. We are opposites, and that's how it's supposed to be in our relationship. God put us together to balance each other out. We sometimes try to change the other and roll our eyes at some of the quirks we have, but in the end we both know this is how we are. We bring many different things to our relationship and that's what makes us so great!!
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment