Sunday, September 2, 2007

Target Trip

We took a trip to Super Target this evening. I LOVE Super Target!! I was hoping for a little extra time to look around because Steve was with me and I thought (key word here is "thought") I'd get to browse. As we pull into the parking lot Steve says "Can I go over to Office Depot while ya'll look around?" Ummmm, if I wanted to go to Target by myself with two kids I would have come earlier in the day - by myself. After a little persuasion he decides to go to Target with us!! :)

As soon as we got into the store Braxton made a bee-line to the electric wheelchairs...a scooter like Granny has!! Yay! He quickly put it in reverse and backed into the wall. "Braxton, get off that!" He made it go forward, then reversed it again to hit the wall a second time. Trying not to laugh I run over to get him off.....I tell him to go to Daddy and get in the cart. Nope, he runs back to the scooter laughing and tries to get on it again. I carry my 37 lb. kid over to the cart and throw him in the back. (Sigh) Steve and I lock eyes and are trying not to laugh at our son causing a ruckus in the store.

Steve heads to the CD's as I am pushing the cart with two kids in tow. Remember the key word from earlier - "thought"....looks like I won't be browsing tonight. The boys and I head over to the lunch boxes. After talking Braxton out of getting a Tinkerbell, Dora, and Cinderella lunch box, he decides on a very cool circle shaped baseball one. We also get a matching ice pack for the freezer. We continue our stroll as a very large bald African American man walks next to us. Here's what happens next:

Braxton to the man, "Hi Baldy!"
Me, "Braxton!!!! We don't call people baldy. That's not nice."
Braxton smiling, "Okay Mommy."
A few seconds later an Asian man, with a significant amount of hair going in all directions, walks next to us.
Braxton to the man, "Hey Hairy!"

Oh my goodness!! That child of mine! I pretended like neither man heard my son!! We quickly made our way to another part of the store. My Target trip ended up being a fast one...no leisurely browsing. Nash started crying, Braxton kept standing up in the cart, and Steve was no where to be found. I ended up having to carry Nash and push the cart all the while listening to Braxton say one hundred times "Can I have some popcorn? How 'bout a drink? Huh, Mom?" We found Daddy and decided to check out. Maybe one day this week I venture to Target alone!

2 comments:

Marlers said...

I love it!!! I never enter any store with all 3 of them when Brandon is with me!! I say you take the girls if we are going anywhere!! Divide and CONQUER!! LOVE target too...hum...it's about time for a Target trip, you say!??! Love and miss you!! Wish that we could make a trip to come hang!!

Carrie said...

I laughed hard at your post! I found your website through Lindsay Watson. We were OBU roommates, so I know who you are. I was at Target the other day and my son yells, "Mom I tooted, can you smell it?". I was so embarrassed I just laughed.