Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wash Hands Please

I mentioned in a previous post that I am a bit of a germ freak. I will not talk a lot about my germaphobia today, but I do want to mention the importance of handwashing! Here's the story of the day: The boys and I went to Central Market this afternoon to pick up something for dinner. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Central Market. It is such a fun place to buy groceries. They have these wonderful "dinner for two" sacks for adults and nifty meals just for kids....easy and affordable! They also have EVERYTHING under the sun for you to taste as you are shopping. (We could have just filled up on food while we were there!) Anyway....my big boy had to poo while we were shopping so we spent a good 25 minutes in the restroom watching ladies come and go. As we were washing our hands and getting ready to exit the restroom the lady in the stall next to us came out...she fixed her hair in the mirror, rummaged around in her purse a bit, and then JUST LEFT!! Ewwww, without washing her hands. Do you ever have the urge to say, "Excuse me, did you forget to wash your hands?" to a perfect stranger? We saw her a few times as we were shopping taking samples of food from the nice little buckets. She did use the prongs to get the tasty treats out, BUT she still touched the prongs.....the same ones that I was getting ready to grab and then hand pieces of bread to my boys. Come on people....add about 45 seconds to your restroom ritual and wash those hands! Maybe our kids would have a few less snotty noses if we all took a little time to scrub up!

3 comments:

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

thats awesome--we definitely are big fans of hand washing in our family!!

stephanie said...

amen sister! i would have been tempted to point out the obvious to the woman as well. geesh!

Al's World said...

Amen!!! I would have given her a look...it's like that episode of Seinfeld!