I realize in my latest posts I have been writing a lot about Braxton, but I have had some fantastic conversations with him recently that are definitely blog worthy. He is truly his "mother's son". I am a wee bit of a germ freak and that has rubbed off on him. He is aware of germs and is very curious about where they come from, how to get rid of them, and how our bodies fight them when we get sick. His little four year old mind has grasped the concept pretty well.
He has uttered the following...
*Do germs have eyes?
*Do cells have arms that punch the germs away?
*Are there germs on the floor, my shoes, my legs, the trees, etc. (The list goes on.)
*Do birds have germs?
*Do birds eat germs when they eat something off the ground?
*Tell me about the kinds of cells and what they do.
*Daddy, let's play germs and cells. You be the germ and me and Nash will be the cells and fight you. (That one's my favorite.)
*I'm not sick mommy so my cells must be working.
During one of our cell talks, our little friend James was mentioned. James was diagnosed with leukemia on July 12, 2007 when he was 13 months old. CLICK HERE to read their story. Braxton asked if James was all better. He asked about his cells and the germs. I explained to Braxton that we are still praying for baby James to get better. Braxton said, "I'm going to pray for him." After he said that he bowed his little head in the backseat of our car and said this:
"Dear God,
Thank you for the food we ate today.
Thank you for baby James.
Please help James' cells to wake up so they
can do their job and he can get better.
Amen."
Amen Braxton. Amen.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
brings me to tears-so sweet-hug that sweet and intelligent boy for me
Such a sweet sensitive little man! You're teaching your son well.
that is just too precious!
what a sweet boy!! Love the prayer for baby James.
And yes..he is definitely YOUR child.... :-)
Aw, how sweet is he! I was trying to think of another adjective besides "sweet" since everyone else used it, but nothing else fits this post as well!
Post a Comment