Friday, January 25, 2008

Marriage. Already???

Our dear friends Conn and Ashley have a precious daughter named Lily. We have already arranged her marriage to our son Braxton. :) I suppose Braxton has overheard our conversations before because out of nowhere yesterday he asked this:

B: Mommy, when I marry Lily Belle do I have to move into a new house?
Me: Yes, you will.
B: What? How will I get a new house?
Me: You will have to buy one.
B: I don't have any money. What will I do?
Me: You will have to get a job to pay for it. Just like Daddy has a job.
What kind of job do you think you would like?
B: I think I will be a doctor.
Me: Really? What kind of doctor?
B: The kind that helps girls, not boys.
Me: The kind that helps girls????
B: Yes. A doctor that helps get babies out of tummies. (Smile)

A little later....
B: I don't think I will be a doctor. I just want to be a daddy.
Me: You can be a daddy and a doctor if you want to. How many kids do you want to have?
B: I think 6. What do you think we will name them?
Me: You can name them whatever you want.
B: I think we will name the first one "Box". When I take him to school his teacher will ask his name and I will say "Box" and then everyone will laugh.

Nice. A grandchild named "Box".

4 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

A doctor for girls?? Hilarious! Braxton says the funniest things!

Pen the Tale said...

HAAAA! That cracks me up.

Avery is sitting by me and has just looked through the scrolling pics twice. Too cute, those pics!

Star Molegraaf said...

He is such a funny little guy- I love reading your conversations w/him!

Anonymous said...

Box Aylor, I kinda like the ring too it. I wonder if he'd be so creative as to name a little girl Boxette?