Saturday, January 26, 2008

Praying for Snow

We had a cold front come in on Thursday night. It was rumored to bring ice and freezing rain. But Braxton and I were hoping for snow!! I made the comment, "I'm going to pray for snow." Here's what happened next:

B: Mommy, you mean God has the POWER to send snow?
Me: Yes, he does!
B: Does he say "snow" and then it does?
Me: Maybe....something like that.
B: Wow. That's kind of like magic!

The next morning we woke up to NO SNOW and this question:

B: Mommy, why didn't God listen to us?

Oh, the question many believers have asked countless times. Why didn't God listen? I explained to Braxton that He always listens, but sometimes He choses to answer our prayers differently that what we wanted. I love how God uses my children to remind me of His ways. One of my favorite quotes comes from a flip calendar my roommate had in college....Sometimes God chooses to answer our prayers with no and not now.

2 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

It is hard to accept when God choses to answer our prayers differently than how we'd like him to. What a great life lesson.

stephanie said...

that is such a hard lesson, we have to learn it over and over. and don't we wish our kids did not have to....but, alas, they need to learn it too!!