Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do

As I was getting ready for work this morning I looked down at my sweet "baby" Nash on the floor below. He was holding one of my powder brushes. He put in up to his cheek and wiggled it back and forth with a big ole' grin on his face. I thought for a second about how many times he has watched me do that. Almost everyday for the past 14 little months of his life he has watched mommy use the powder brush...I stress the word almost. When did he first realize "I can do that too"?

Now, imagine if he watched me read my Bible everyday. Consistently. When would he realize "I can do that too"? Imagine if he heard me pray everyday to the One who created him. When would he realize "I can do that too"?

Just something to think about.

Monkey see, monkey do.

5 comments:

Rachel Cobb said...

I also have watched Tobin do the same thing! It's amazing how much they pick up. What a great correlation to what we NEED to show them. Thanks for your insight, but don't be too hard on yourself.

stephanie said...

profound...good insight!

Lorren Says... said...

So true!

Anonymous said...

I miss you all. I only wish I could see Nash doing all those wonderful things daily as you two get to see him do. I miss B so much too.
Getting too nostalgic here.
MIMI

Anonymous said...

I love the Money see, monkey do post. I would love to quote you in my free weekly publication. What do you think? I like to put little stories and articles in for my readers.