
I have been in the BEST mood this evening! I tricked my boys into eating spinach with the help of my new cookbook and I am truly excited about it. My mom got me this book for Christmas and it's my new favorite thing. I have only tried one recipe, but I intend on trying a whole lot more in the future. Tonight I made "Blueberry Oatmeal Bars" with spinach hidden inside!!! Sounds gross I know, but you can't even taste it. As I was pureeing the spinach today Braxton went on and on....EWW Mom, EWW!!!! And then as he chowed down on his dessert after dinner he said, "Yum, this is good." My husband even loved them and he didn't even know he was eating something good for him! Whoo-Hoo! My family could eat cookies and brownies all day long. From now on there will be something hiding inside! Thank you Jessica Seinfeld.
11 comments:
I had been wondering if this could be the way to sneak some veggies down all of my family! I just may have to get the book!! Keep me posted on what else worked!
How fun! I saw Jessica Seinfeld and her book on Oprah. Looks good.
I got this for Christmas too and actually went through and bought the stuff to make some of the purees today at the grocery store. Haven't tried any of the recipes yet but good to know that the bars are good. I'll let you know if I have a hit in my house with any of the others and you do the same!
my mother in law got me that cookbook--haven't tried any recipes-maybe even I will eat some veggies now!
Hid cauliflower in mashed potatoes this evening....Steve could tell something was different about them, but the kids lapped them up. :)
I use this cookbook all the time. WOrks like a charm. Snealy Chef is a really goo ones to. She teaches you more about health and I like that.
the cheese sticks were a hit at my house, though none too easy to make, i will confess.
i will also confess that no one but me liked the macaroni and cheese. (so naturally, i ate half the pot) along with having most of the cauliflower puree all for myself, i had most of the fat and calories too. perhaps that one backfired.
Haha, I just watched Dr. Phil and there was a man on there scared to death of veggies. Hasn't eaten them in 19 years!! Dr. Phil served him some Zucchini Chocolate Cake. He lapped it up! Haha, thought of you! :)
I have been wanting to try this- so glad to hear from someone I know that it's good!
I have this book too, but havent' made anything yet. You'll have to let me know what's good and what's not so good. I will have to try the blueberry bars. Feel like your doing Mommy made again??
sounds good...if you have time, put the recipe on the ugly website. :)
Post a Comment