Friday, March 7, 2008

All is well

We are home!!! Yay! The surgery went well, recovery is underway.

Here are a few tidbits:
*Braxton's tonsils were flat on the sides due to the fact that they were HUGE and pressed up against each other for so long.
*The thing he hated most was the IV in his hand and the clip on his toe to monitor his breathing and heart rate. Oh, happy day when they both came off this morning.
*The pain medication is making him CrAZy. Seriously. I am not going to give him the next dose. We are going to try Tylenol and if that doesn't relieve the pain then I'm going to call our doctor about prescribing something different.
*He's doing great at drinking and eating soft foods. He's loving popsicles, sweet tea, and juice. He ate scrambled eggs this morning and swallowed them beautifully.
*The most important thing right now is for Braxton to stay hydrated and stay away from sick people. We will be laying low for the next few weeks.

Here are a few pictures from our hospital adventure.

Braxton and Freddie's bandages. I thought this picture was sweet.


Yummy! Just enjoying a popsicle with my pillows and stuffed animals. Notice my fake smile. Come on Mom, stop taking pictures!


So very tired. We're hoping our precious boy will sleep this peacefully at home tonight!


Time to go home. Riding in the wheelchair was very cool!


Weird camera on the wall in our room. Sooooo glad the nurse told me it was there before hand...before I got into my pj's right there in the middle of the room!

8 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

So glad everything went well. I know you and Steve (and B) are relieved it's over!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

glad all is well-James hates the thing on his toe as well. hope recovery is speedy!!!

stephanie said...

so glad you are home and getting better! love you guys!

Gram said...

if i could go back and do things differently, i would be a child life specialist! what fun to bandage a stuffed animal as well as the patient!

Ashley McWhorter said...

So glad everything went smoothly!!! Got your message. Sorry I haven't called you back. Conn has been at a conference so it has been nuts around here. I'll call you this weekend during nap time! Love you!!!! :)

Sarah Owen said...

K- so glad it all went so well for both boys. knowing from experience, too many times, that surgery no matter what kind is hard on both the patient and the parent. God was good, so thankful. hang in there, the healing time will pass by quickly. Show B. the pictures of him and he will have fun talking about it. I cant wait to show Elosie all her pictures.

Lacey said...

Yeah, I am so glad it went well. He is so cute and it looks like he handled it VERY WELL!!!

Kathryn said...

My pictures aren't showing up on my computer. Hopefully you can see them!