*We woke up this morning to a winter wonderland....well, not really. It did snow last night and left patches of white in our yard. Our car was covered this morning and Braxton was extremely excited to make a snowball. I was hoping for a snow day, but of course, that didn't happen. We bundled up and headed to school. On the way to school this morning the topic of conversation was, of course, snow. Braxton wanted to know where the snow came from, how it is made, where does it go when it goes away, and why it wouldn't be in our yard when we got home. I proceeded to give my best lesson in precipitation to my four year old. Here's the response I got:
"So, the cloud just breaks all apart and falls on the ground? Because look in the sky Mommy. There are no clouds. It must be them on the ground."
*On the way home from Target this evening I saw a small sign below a large lit up Veterinarian sign. It read, "Dental Discount Month. All Chickens Welcome." Seriously? Do chickens have teeth? Beaks, yes. Teeth? I don't think so. Who would bring a chicken in to get his beak checked anyway? Or are they talking about a pet who is afraid to go to the dentist, therefore being called a chicken? Either way, I thought about the sign all the way home. I guess it reached it's goal by getting my attention.
*I have chapped lips. Bad ones. It's the second time this month and I can't figure it out. Why? Why? Why? It looks like I attempted to put on pink lipstick and couldn't stay in the lines.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your lips are chapped because you need to drink more water! I can always tell when I'm not drinking my water, because my hands and/or lips get chapped. Also- it's cold(or is it there?) and the winter is just dry.
As to the chickens... I just can't seem to figure it out, either. Maybe you should ask Braxton. Ha!
My lips always get really chapped if we have the heat in our house set to high (I sleep under the vent). Weird, I know.
How is Nash doing? Are y'all set for tomorrow? Let me know how it goes. Love you!!!
Kathryn,
I think I know where Braxton gets his sense of wonder. :)
Julie
all the natural health stuff i read advises against any products with petrolatum in them saying that they actually perpetuate your problem, so go find one of those burts bees or other all natural herbal type chapsticks. works for me and the kids. truthfully, though, all the advice from ashley and rachel is right on. winter weather and heaters and dehydration are all contributors.
i agree - do NOT use chapstick. i don't even use burts bees. alyssa gave me something that is ONLY cocoa butter or something else. all the other stuff causes "rebound" - your lips get worse. marketing ploy? glad braxton is doing so well!
Post a Comment