Saturday, August 18, 2007
Back to work...
After much prayer and deliberation I have decided to go back to work....part time. Although I'll be making nickels and dimes, it will help pay a bill, get my hair highlighted, and buy some clothes that are in style!! I will be teaching preschool two days a week. Surely after 6 years of managing a first grade classroom, teaching kids how to read, write, and problem solve, I will be able to handle a small group of almost 3 year olds....surely! :) I am excited for the challenge and my brain is already churning with ideas. When I worked in the public school system I loved my job...I loved being creative and coming up with new ways to teach an old concept. A little about the position....I will have no more that 10 children in my class, a co-teacher, will be working only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, AND my children get to go with me. It really is a great little job, but I still have mixed feelings about this decision. Number 1: Other than Sunday School and a few other times, I have never left Nash and especially not for more than a couple of hours. Entrusting someone to take care of my baby is a big deal to me. No one does it like mommy, right? I value the time I have with that little bald guy and I don't look forward to dropping him off. I am praying for peace and that God would bring the right teacher to love on him and meet his needs. Number 2: I am a control freak!!! I am worried about how I will handle working with a partner. Seriously, I like control and it will be hard for me to give up even a little of that. Only time will tell if I am able to relax a little and go with the flow. You will definintely hear more about my new endeavours on this blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for showing me how to leave comments even though I don't have a BLOG. Hope your day was great and that you learned a ton. HeHe!! Love you!!!!
Post a Comment