What a tiring day it was! Although it was not a "real" school day, I still had to be dressed, feed both boys, pack bags, and out the door by 8:00 this morning. And yes, Sharla, I did most of my preparations the night before, and was STILL moving frantically around the house. :) We made it on time, but I didn't have any lipstick on all day...oh well, at least my shoes matched and everyone had their lunches. The boys didn't go into their regular classrooms today. All teachers were preparing their rooms and meeting all the parents and students. (The first day of school is next Tuesday.) We had some great volunteers that watched all the teachers' kids. I felt comfortable leaving Nash today because I knew both of the ladies in his classroom. I had about 10 sticky notes in Nash's diaper bag and lunch box explaining what to do....yes, 10. One sticky note for each food item, one for each bottle, a few extra's just for good measure. One sticky note attached to a Gerber breakfast bar read "Break into small pieces." Like they would really give a 9 1/2 month old a whole granola bar, right? I'm sure they were laughing at Nash's crazy mommy! I could hear my sweet Nash wailing all the way down the hallway for about an hour and a half after I dropped him off. Poor baby was so ticked off at mom for leaving him there. Ms. Jan was Nash's special friend today. She held him during his morning nap in fear he would cry when she laid him down. Thank you Ms. Jan for taking such good care of my baby today! She even carried him (sleeping) out to the car while I loaded all my gear and put Braxton in his seat.
I also feel pretty good about leaving Nash on Tuesday. I had a great conversation with his teachers today and I know they will take good care of him. His teachers are Ms. Lisa and Ms. Nicole. I'm sure you will be hearing more about them in the future. Braxton met his teacher today as well. He was a little shy with Ms. Davis, but I informed her that it wouldn't last long. I told her how funny he was and that he loved to learn. I wanted to be sure knew how fabulous my Braxton was!!! Only time will tell how my class will be....when all the parents and kids left my classroom today it looked like a tornado had went through there. Blocks, pretend food, puzzles, books, and cars were scattered about. Lesson #1 on Tuesday: Clean up centers!!!
We are leaving for Oklahoma tomorrow. It's Steve's grandparents 60th wedding anniversary!!! SIXTY!!! Wow! I can't even imagine being married to Steve for 60 whole years, I mean, I CAN'T WAIT to be married to Steve for 60 whole years! (Love you honey, I know you read my blog.)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha!! Just so you know...I STILL run around frantic as well even though I have prepared the evening before! Love it! You crack me up!! Have a wonderful time this weekend!!
Glad to hear that Nash did well. I love your blog...I can hear your voice in your writing...makes me laugh everytime! Have a good trip to OK tomorrow.
Post a Comment