Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cleaning Machine

Isn't it funny how when we have company coming we immediately become cleaning machines? My parents are in their car on their way to visit and my house is almost ready for their arrival. Granted, I have two small children that constantly drag out the items I just put away moments before. Surely that counts for something! I do not like to clean. I do not like to do laundry. I do not like to do dishes. But today I am a cleaning machine! Every other day my son Braxton would know if he needed a pair of underwear, a clean shirt, or a washcloth for the bath to go look on the "little couch" in the living room. :) That is where the never ending pile of clean laundry lives. But not today....the clothes are put away in their spots, the kitchen sink is shiny and smiling at me, and the now hardened peas that have been under the kitchen table for a few days are swept up. I have a roast in the crockpot. My children are dressed and clean at 9:30 in the morning. (Typically we would still be in pajamas.) Just a few more last minute touch ups and we'll be ready for Nanny and Pa. The appearance of an all together mommy and wife is pleasantly in place!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

you're the flylady!

Lindsay said...

hope you have fun with your parents. Mine are coming in this weekend as well, so the cleaning machine comes out at my house tomorrow!

By the way, I'm tagging you too...