My sweet little Nash is known to all as a "momma's boy". He loves to snuggle and I'm still having a hard time getting him to go to sleep without nursing or swaying back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. He wakes up one or two times at night wanting to be close to momma. And I am a sucker...yes, I pick him up and hold him, love on him, nurse him, do whatever it takes to get him back to sleep. I can't let him "cry it out"....it makes me sad. I KNOW I need sleep and that he needs to learn to put himself back to sleep as well. Maybe we will try that route soon, but I'm not ready yet. (Braxton was not like this....I could lay him down wide awake and wouldn't hear from him until 10-12 hours later.) Oh, how each child is so different!
As I was holding Nash and rocking him at midnight last night, I started to pray....prayed for my boys, our friends' baby James, and a few others God brought to mind. As I rocked I also began to think about my sweet little Nash and how he loves to be held. He cries and cries until I come rescue him from his bed. Then I thought, isn't it like that with us and God sometimes? There are times I feel as if I'm alone in the dark crying, "God, pick me up, hold me, rescue me!!!" And He does......everytime. I feel so safe is God's arms, so secure, at peace and refreshed. Then it's time to put me back down, tell me it's okay, that I'm alright, and that I can do it on my own (with Him of course not far away). But sometimes I want Him to hold me for just a little bit longer and beg "please don't put me down, I'm not ready yet". So last night I rocked my precious baby and held him close.....for a little bit longer.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep holding that baby close..you will be glad you did when he is 15! I could not BEAR to hear Andrew cry and he is 2 and sleeps just fine. Thank you for your words about our Father, I really needed those right now! :)
Post a Comment