We have had a special friend living in our backyard for a little over a month. Braxton named her Charlotte. She is, well WAS, a huge yellow and black garden spider. I am not a fan of spiders, but it has been fun to watch her spin her web, catch flies, and hang on tight during the heavy rains and winds. What a trooper sweet Charlotte was during the 20 plus days of rain around here! This morning I looked out the window and noticed a very large amount of snappy black birds in our backyard. (Braxton calls all birds "snappy birds" for some reason, so I have adopted that term as well.) I would say there were about 30-35 of them. Our backyard is not that big, so it looked like there were about 100 of them. I am not sure what brought them to the yard. We have no trees, no water, nothing interesting a bird might like....except Charlotte. My eyes slowly moved to the corner of the fence where our dear friend Charlotte made her home. GASP!!! She's gone. One of those snappy black birds helped himself to a tasty breakfast.
The topic around the house this morning has been "why those snappy birds 'ated' our spider".....poor, poor Charlotte. We will miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment