Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Starbucks kind of day...

I left the house a little bit early this morning in order to allow enough time to hit the nearest Starbucks. It was definitely a necessity in order to become a functioning human being today. I ordered a tall, double, non-fat, sugar free cinnamon dolce latte with whip and two splenda. I laugh at myself each time I order it because it is so me...very specific and made to order. It was definitely a Starbucks kind of day!!! As my day progressed I realized that I should have made it a triple...

I sat in a very long meeting today sippin' on my Starbucks even when it got too cold to enjoy. It was a very informative meeting, not boring, just a lot of info. to digest. Even on the preschool level the beginning of the school year is filled with paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. I will enjoy my job much more when the children walk in the door and I can begin my day with them.

My mind was NOT focused on my meeting today because I left a sick one at home this morning. Here are the facts:
1. Braxton has been on steroids for the past 3 days because of croup.
2. His behavior was loony because of them.
3. He had his last dose of them yesterday.
4. He went to bed at 5:30 pm last night.
5. Woke up at 8:00...not by choice but because Daddy woke him up.
6. At 10:30 am he went back to his room and crawled in bed and fell asleep for about an hour.

Needless to say I was worried all day about him being so lethargic. I took him to the doctor this afternoon and found out that the croup has gone into his lungs causing him to be tired and unable to breathe well. Soooooo, we are on breathing treatments....the little contraption looks like an asthma puffer. Oh man, he hates it!!! We have only done two treatments since we have been home and it was a battle both times. We are supposed to do treatments every 3 hours for the next day...even in the middle of the night. (Then we ease up and space them out for next 7 days.) Grrrrrr, and I only thought that I'd get a good night's sleep tonight! If you happen to wake up at 3:00 in the morning for some odd reason then think of me. I'll me holding my kid down trying to get him to breathe deeply into a little yellow puffer. Looks like tomorrow will be another Starbucks kind of day!!!

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Hey. My girls do treatments a lot!!!! We just did them last week. We own one of the machines. Lily is soooo used to it by now. We just put her in front of a show or movie and let her hold it by herself. Hopefully B. will get use to it. Tell him Lily Belle has to do it too. Hang in there!!!!

Kathryn said...

It's not the "machine"....it's more like an asthma thingy but with a mask for children. If this doesn't work, then we will try the machine. Not fun!

Is it a 'no no" to post a comment on your own blog? :)

Kathryn said...

When I say "thingy" I'm talking about an inhaler....just could remember the name before!

Al's World said...

We have exactly the same contraption! We ahve to do it the same about of time with Andrew's asthma. He has allergy induced asthma, so it doesn't happen often, but when it does it is so scary b/c of the cough and no sleep. Hang in there, esp with the "possesed induced steriod medicine!" :)

Lindsay said...

Gabe had to do that over Christmas last year, he had pnemonia. We had to do it for 3 days and he got used to it pretty quickly. I had to hold him the whole time and we put a movie on for him. Neal took a picture of him doing it and it is the most pathetic picture I've ever seen! I'm so sorry Braxton is so sick. You should for sure get a triple today on your Starbucks run!

Not a no no to comment on your own blog!! I see alot of people doing it.