I am the type of person who puts important papers in a special spot so that I will remember where they are in case I need them. Only my problem is that I forget which "special spot" I put them. I have many locations around the house that I have named "special"....a drawer on the side table in the living room, the basket on the counter in the kitchen, the lovely pile of papers I need to sort through on the island, the desk in the study, and a few others I'm sure of but I can't remember them. I seriously say to myself "I'm putting this here so I can find it later." But of course I seldom do. I experienced that today....
We have "Meet Your Teacher" tomorrow at our preschool. I am supposed to turn in my children's immunization records to their teacher along with a form their doctor signed saying they have been seen within the last year. I was so great about taking care of this paperwork in advance about a month ago. I brought home the papers from the doctor and put them in a "special spot" because it was sooooo important not to lose. Well, I turned the house upside down today looking for them!!!! I yelled at Steve for throwing them away, I called the doctor and arranged to pick up more tomorrow, and I finally gave up the search. Low and behold, I looked in one final spot....the side table in the living room. YAY!!!!!!!! I found them! :)
Speaking of "Meet Your Teacher", I get to meet my sweet students tomorrow. I am excited and anxious about this chapter in my life. I love teaching and being creative...I feel like it's one thing I'm pretty decent at doing. I look forward to seeing my students grow and learn new things. But as a mom, I am not looking forward to leaving my baby at the door. I'm not talking about Braxton this time. He is an old pro at going to school. He is excited and can't wait to take his backpack to his classroom and hang it on the hook! I am nervous about leaving my baby Nash. He is such a momma's boy and just looks at me with fear in his eyes each time I leave him somewhere. It breaks my heart every time. I know he will get used to it and consisitency will be good for him, BUT that's MY baby. Only mommy knows how to get him to laugh through the tears, how to get him to eat that one last bite of green beans, and how to change his diaper without him flippin' over 50 times. It is such a big deal to me to trust someone else to do what's best for my baby as I am teaching other children. Granted I will be just few doors down and can peek in at anytime, but I don't want to be one of "those" moms. Tomorrow is not a "school day" for the boys, but they will be in childcare while I meet with parents and work in my classroom. I will let you know how Nash does in his little class....it won't be with his regular teacher, so it may be a little rocky. Maybe just for tomorrow I will be one of "those" moms and I'll check on him a little bit more than I should!!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your so cute. We are so much alike. :-) Hope your first day of school went well and that Nash did better than you expected.
Miss you!
lace
Post a Comment