Friday, August 10, 2007

My Day

I couldn't think of a catchy title, so it's just "my day" because that's what I'm going to write about! We had such a nice day with my parents. Our neighborhood has several great pools to choose from, so we took the kiddos swimming. We packed a picnic lunch and spent the afternoon. It is always such fun for Braxton to pack a lunch! We labeled everyone's ziploc bags and he was so proud to show everyone their names. Braxton took swim lessons at the beginning of the summer so he got to show off his skills to Nanny and Pa. It was a great way to spend a hot afternoon in Texas!

While we were at the pool a small wave of depression swept over me. We were not the only family soaking up the sun today. Across from us on a spread of lounge chairs were several moms and their kiddos. These were not just any moms. They were "hot moms".....very tan, washboard abs, bikinis, bleach blonde hair, each with 3-4 children. Where in the world do these moms come from????? I looked at Steve and apologized for him being stuck with me. I am once again motivated to hit the gym, so maybe next summer I will be a "hot mom". :)

My parents kept the kids tonight so Steve and I could go on a REAL date!!! We went to a few shops, got Starbucks, went to dinner and ate good food. I had to remind myself to SLOW DOWN and enjoy my food! I am constantly eating in a rush in order to tend to one of the boys. It was nice to savor my bites!

I'm home now...both kids are in bed at 8:00, and I think I'm going to have a Coke float....I'll work on that whole "hot mom" thing another day.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You've already got the hot mom thing down! You enjoy every bite of that coke float! I'm glad you and Steve got to have a date night. I'm with you on having to remind yourslf to slow down. I'm always rushing through everything, even when I'm alone and don't have any reason to rush! I'm so glad you're blogging!

Marlers said...

LOVE it!! "Hot Moms" stink...don't know how it is done...I think you are beautiful! I'm catching up with you... :@

Al's World said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world! I am glad you are here! Also, you and I were going through the same thoughts on almost the same day...just think in 20 years their skin will be leather and their girls will be pointing north! Can't wait to see more from you!